The Sales Manager is responsible for the following:
Achieving Sales Targets
- Managing the sales team: Successfully manage the sales team to achieve growth and hit sales targets.
- Strategic business planning: Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands the company's customer base and ensures a strong market presence.
- Recruiting and performance management: Own the recruiting process, set objectives, provide coaching, and monitor the performance of sales representatives.
Building Customer Relationships
- Customer relationship management: Build and foster strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
Sales Analysis and Reporting
- Sales reports and forecasts: Present sales, revenue, and expense reports, along with realistic forecasts, to the management team.
- Market awareness: Identify emerging markets and market shifts, while staying fully informed about new products and competition.
The ideal candidate for the role of Sales Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Education: BS/MS degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Previous sales experience: Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Continuous education: Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars, and conferences to stay updated with industry trends and sales techniques.
- Effective communication skills: Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Sales process management: Proven ability to drive the sales process from planning to closure.
- Business acumen: Strong business sense and industry expertise to make informed decisions and drive sales strategies.
- People management skills: Excellent mentoring, coaching, and people management skills to motivate and develop the sales team.