The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the following:
- Gathering information on hours worked for each employee.
- Calculating the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses, etc., with the assistance of a computer system.
- Receiving approval from upper management for payments when needed.
We are seeking a knowledgeable Payroll Specialist to process and manage the company's payroll. In this role, you will be responsible for accurately calculating wages based on hours worked and administering timely payments.
A payroll specialist should be proficient in using payroll software, possess strong numerical skills, and handle sensitive information with confidentiality. Additionally, effective communication skills are essential for collaborating with colleagues and executives.
Your goal will be to ensure that personnel receives correct compensation in a timely and accurate manner.
Your responsibilities as a Payroll Specialist will include:
- Gathering information on hours worked for each employee to accurately calculate wages.
- Calculating the correct amount for each employee, considering factors such as overtime, deductions, bonuses, etc., utilizing a computer system.
- Obtaining approval from upper management for payments as necessary.
- Preparing and executing pay orders through an electronic system or distributing physical paychecks.
- Administering statements of payment to personnel, either electronically or on paper.
- Processing taxes and employee benefit payments.
- Maintaining accurate records of hourly rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information, etc.
- Addressing issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and superiors.
- Preparing reports for upper management and the finance department.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Proven experience as a Payroll Specialist or in a similar payroll management role.
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and best practices in payroll administration.
- Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations related to payroll.
- Proficiency in MS Office and familiarity with relevant software (e.g., Kronos, Payforce) and databases.
- Trustworthy with a high level of attention to confidentiality.
- Outstanding organizational ability with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills for effective interaction with colleagues and executives.
- High school diploma or equivalent; BSc/BA in business, accounting, or a relevant field is a plus.