The following are the key responsibilities of a Payroll Clerk:
- Manage compensation packages using payroll software.
- Collect and verify timekeeping information for all employees.
- Calculate pay according to hours worked, incorporating leaves and overtime.
- Calculate bonuses and commissions when appropriate.
- Manage and calculate taxes and deductions.
- Initiate timely periodical payments by preparing and administering checks or making direct deposits through a bank payment system.
- Issue statements and invoices and maintain records.
- Update paper and electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates, employee status changes, etc.
- Calculate unemployment and severance payments.
- Deal with complaints and questions regarding payroll from employees and upper management.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies in payroll.
- Prepare and submit reports with payroll information to supervisor.
We are seeking a qualified Payroll Clerk to assist in all activities related to employee compensation management in our company. As a Payroll Clerk, you will be responsible for various tasks, including entering payroll information, calculating wages, and making payments.
An excellent Payroll Clerk understands the importance of confidentiality and possesses strong attention to detail for accurate data entry and calculations. Proficiency in mathematics is essential for this role. The ideal candidate will be a professional with excellent communication skills.
The primary goal of this position is to carry out all payroll procedures with speed and accuracy.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Proven experience as a Payroll Clerk or Payroll Manager.
- Familiarity with general accounting principles.
- Experience in data collection, entry, and reporting with a focus on attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, and regulations.
- Computer savvy with working knowledge of relevant software (e.g., Payforce).
- Strong math and numerical skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication abilities with problem-solving aptitude.
- High school diploma or equivalent; BSc/BA in accounting/business administration is a plus.