As an HR Assistant, you will be responsible for providing clerical and administrative support to the Human Resources executives and assisting with the day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties. Your role will also include compiling and updating employee records, processing documentation and preparing reports, coordinating HR projects and communication with employees and candidates.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources executives
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, etc.)
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys, etc.) and take minutes
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc.)
- Communicate with public services when necessary
- Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
- Assist our recruiters to source candidates and update our database
Junior HR Assistant
As a Junior HR Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the HR team in various administrative and clerical tasks. Your duties may include processing employee data, maintaining employee records, scheduling interviews, and coordinating training sessions.
Daily Activities of HR
The daily activities of HR may vary depending on the organization's size and needs. Some of the common activities include managing employee data, maintaining employee records, managing employee benefits, managing employee performance, and providing support to employees.
The Most Important Role of HR
The most important role of HR is to create and maintain a positive and productive work environment. This includes providing support to employees, developing policies and procedures that align with the organization's goals, and managing employee performance to ensure that everyone is working towards the same objectives. HR also plays a crucial role in attracting, hiring, and retaining the best talent for the organization.
To be successful in this role, you should have proven experience as an HR Assistant, Staff Assistant, or relevant human resources/administrative position. You should have fast computer typing skills, hands-on experience with an HRIS or HRMS, and familiarity with ATS software and resume databases. You should also have a basic knowledge of labor laws, excellent organizational skills, strong communication skills, and hold a degree in Human Resources or a related field.