Business Development Manager
Job Description: Business Development Manager
Are you an ambitious and energetic individual looking for an opportunity to expand your career? We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager to help us grow our client base and increase sales. As the front of the company, you will be responsible for creating and implementing effective sales strategies.
- Developing a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Conducting research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Arranging business meetings with prospective clients
- Promoting the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Preparing sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines
- Keeping records of sales, revenue, invoices, etc.
- Providing trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Building long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Developing entry-level staff into valuable salespeople
- Proven working experience as a business development manager, sales executive, or a relevant role
- Proven sales track record
- Experience in customer support is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g., Salesforce)
- Proficiency in English
- Market knowledge
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport
- Time management and planning skills
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field
Duties of a Business Development Manager
The primary responsibilities of a Business Development Manager include developing a growth strategy focused on financial gain and customer satisfaction, conducting research to identify new markets and customer needs, arranging business meetings with prospective clients, promoting the company’s products/services, preparing sales contracts, and providing trustworthy feedback and after-sales support.
Role of a Business Development Manager
The role of a Business Development Manager is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients. By developing a comprehensive growth strategy, the Business Development Manager will work to expand the company’s client base, increase revenue, and promote customer satisfaction.
Basic Qualities of a Business Development Manager
The basic qualities of a successful Business Development Manager include strong communication and negotiation skills, the ability to build rapport and trust with clients, proficiency in MS Office and CRM software, time management and planning skills, and a proven sales track record. In addition, the ideal candidate will have market knowledge, experience in customer support, and a BSc/BA in business administration, sales, or a relevant field.
Business Development Skills
Successful business development requires a variety of skills, including the ability to identify new markets and customer needs, negotiate contracts, build relationships with clients, and provide excellent customer service. In addition, business development managers must have a solid understanding of financial management, marketing, and sales.
Highest Role in Business Development
The highest role in business development is typically the Chief Business Development Officer (CBDO), who is responsible for overseeing all aspects of business development, including strategy, planning, and execution. The CBDO works closely with the executive team to identify new opportunities for growth, develop and implement effective strategies, and drive sustainable financial growth for the company.