Accounts Payable Clerk
We are seeking a skilled Accounts Payable Clerk to process all incoming invoices and undertake payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner. As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you will be responsible for performing day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data, preparing bills, invoices, and bank deposits.
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate reports detailing accounts payables status
- Understand expense accounts and cost centers
- Understand compliance issues around accounts payable processes (W-9, sales tax, etc.)
Skills and Requirements
- Proven working experience as an Accounts Payable Clerk
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
Description of Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable is a financial accounting process that involves managing a company's outstanding bills and invoices for goods and services purchased on credit. Accounts Payable is a liability, and it represents money that a company owes to its vendors or suppliers.
Main Role of Accounts Payable
The main role of Accounts Payable is to ensure that all bills and invoices are paid on time, and to maintain accurate records of all transactions.
Three Basic Functions of Accounts Payable
The three basic functions of Accounts Payable are:
- Receiving and verifying invoices from vendors
- Recording the invoices in the company's accounting system
- Processing payments to vendors in a timely and accurate manner.