We are seeking an experienced Account Director to join our team and undertake account management responsibilities. In this role, you will be responsible for supervising subordinate staff, managing relationships with clients, and guiding account personnel. Your goal will be to ensure the company’s retention of clientele and facilitate further growth.
As an Account Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Planning budgets and activities for account management in the company
- Setting up goals and objectives for all subordinate staff
- Providing feedback and counsel to account staff to meet quotas/objectives
- Conducting performance evaluations using key metrics
- Serving as the point of contact for customers in your portfolio
- Understanding customer requirements and needs to offer suitable solutions and generate new business
- Ensuring the timely delivery of services and products to clients
- Resolving issues to maintain and strengthen customer trust
- Reading reports of subordinates and communicating overall quarterly/annual progress to senior management and external stakeholders
Account Manager vs Account Director
An Account Manager is responsible for managing and maintaining a portfolio of clients and building long-term relationships with them. They work closely with clients to understand their needs, develop strategies and oversee the execution of sales plans.
An Account Director, on the other hand, is responsible for supervising subordinate staff, planning budgets and activities for account management, and managing relationships with clients. They provide feedback and counsel to account staff to meet quotas/objectives and conduct performance evaluations using key metrics.
In summary, an Account Director plays a leadership role in the account management team, overseeing the work of account managers and other personnel to achieve the company's objectives.
To be considered for this position, you should have:
- Proven experience as an Account Director or similar position
- Demonstrable experience in negotiation and meeting client requirements
- Solid understanding of budgeting and reporting on progress
- Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and metrics
- Working knowledge of MS Office and/or relevant software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities with aptitude in fostering long-term relationships
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
What makes a great Account Director?
A great Account Director has the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and stakeholders. They possess excellent planning and leadership skills, as well as the ability to effectively manage and motivate subordinate staff. They are also highly skilled in negotiation and meeting client requirements, and have a solid understanding of budgeting and reporting on progress. Finally, they have outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities, with an aptitude for fostering long-term relationships.