Stock Controller responsibilities include:
- Forecasting supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock (OOS)
- Submitting purchase details (vendors information, invoices and pricing) to internal databases
- Placing orders to replenish merchandise as needed
We are looking for a Stock Controller to manage our inventory and purchase merchandise based on our company’s needs.
Stock Controller responsibilities include tracking shipments, overseeing inventory audits and maintaining reports of purchases and pricing. To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with supply chain procedures and have good communication skills to interact with vendors, clients and internal teams.
Ultimately, you will increase profitability and effectiveness by maintaining optimal stock levels of quality products at all times.
- Forecast supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock (OOS)
- Enter purchase details (vendors information, invoices and pricing) into internal databases
- Place orders to replenish merchandise as needed
- Track shipments and address any delays
- Oversee storage of products, particularly of fragile items
- Evaluate suppliers’ offers and negotiate profitable deals
- Coordinate regular inventory audits
- Liaise with warehouse staff and other internal teams to test products’ quality (status upon delivery and storage conditions)
- Keep updated inventory records (including daily shipments)
- Ensure purchases do not exceed budget
- Proven work experience as a Stock Controller, Inventory Manager or similar role
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Working knowledge of inventory management software (e.g. NetSuite or TradeGecko)
- Active participation in inventory audits
- Excellent organization skills
- Good communication and negotiation abilities
- BSc in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field