Purchasing Agent responsibilities include:
- Developing profitable purchasing strategies
- Assessing supplier profiles and analyzing offers
- Preparing and implementing effective negotiation tactics
We are looking for a skilled Purchasing Agent to buy goods and services necessary for our business. You have the means and opportunity to raise our profits by making the most high-quality and cost-effective purchases.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and a commercial mindset. You should know how to evaluate market conditions and different suppliers. Communication skills will help you negotiate effectively and maintain profitable relationships.
The goal is to acquire supplies that are critical for the success of our business operations.
- Develop profitable purchasing strategies
- Assess supplier profiles and analyze offers
- Prepare and implement effective negotiation tactics
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance to terms of contracts
- Review supplies to ensure quality
- Monitor stock levels
- Prepare and submit detailed reports (revenues, buying expenditures etc.)
- Keep updated records
- Attend events, fairs and exhibitions to keep abreast of the market’s trends
- Proven experience as a purchasing agent or relevant role
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions
- Knowledge of market research, data analysis and purchasing best practices
- Working knowledge of MS Office and purchasing software (e.g. SpendMap)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong analytical mindset
- Outstanding organizational skills
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA will be considered a plus
Recruitment application that enables businesses to find and filter candidates, track applications, and generate interview bookings easily.