Public Relations Assistant
Public Relations Assistant responsibilities include:
- Keeping calendars (editorial, press conferences, events etc.) and media lists
- Participating in brainstorming and planning sessions
- Assisting in organizing and execution of PR events, campaigns etc.
We are looking for a promising Public Relations (PR) Assistant to support our PR team with various administrative tasks. Though you’ll be holding an entry level position, your work will be instrumental in the development and execution of PR plans and strategies.
Our ideal candidate will be a young and creative PR or communications graduate, brimming with potential. A fervent interest in the field partnered with good writing and research skills are very important to us. If you’re also well-organized, confident and an excellent communicator, we’d like to meet you.
The goal is to facilitate the smooth running of daily operations and success of PR efforts.
- Keep calendars (editorial, press conferences, events etc.) and media lists
- Participate in brainstorming and planning sessions
- Assist in organizing and execution of events, campaigns etc.
- Conduct research to support PR planning
- Draft and distribute content such as newsletters and releases
- Edit videos and presentations as assigned
- Support relations with stakeholders, media, vendors etc.
- Assist in tracking media coverage or PR metrics (e.g. web analytics)
- Invent ways to streamline communication and plan execution
- Undertake general administrative and clerical duties
- Proven experience as PR assistant or similar position
- Understanding of PR and marketing concepts and practices
- Willingness to follow industry trends and current methods
- Knowledge of video production and editing
- Computer savvy; working knowledge of databases and design software (e.g. Photoshop) is a plus
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Well-organized, able to work with deadlines
- An analytical mind with attention to detail
- Outgoing and confident
- BSc/BA in public relations, communications or relevant field