What is a production worker?
A production worker helps with the proper functioning of assembly lines in factories and warehouses. On a daily basis, they’re responsible for all the production processes, for example they operate machinery and assemble equipment parts.
What does a production worker do?
Production worker duties vary based on the factory’s processes and products. Usually, they maintain and operate production equipment and assist with distributing the final products. They monitor stock levels and help with shipping procedures. Finally, they follow safety policies and detect potential machinery problems early on.
- Handling production equipment (e.g. operation, maintenance)
- Assembling and inspecting machinery parts
- Monitoring product shipment
We are looking for a production worker to join our team and help improve our warehouse’s production line.
You’ll perform various tasks, including maintaining and operating the machinery and search for potential malfunctions or risks. You’ll transfer the products and equipment, using power tools and forklift trucks. You’ll also keep the facility clean by removing debris and trash to ensure safety. Note that this position demands stamina and a good physical condition, as you’ll have to regularly lift heavy loads.
If you are familiar with these tasks and interested in working at a well-functioning warehouse, let’s meet.
- Operate production equipment
- Maintain the warehouse’s machines
- Assemble machinery parts
- Store products and materials
- Meet the deadlines of individual production tasks during shift
- Report on defective products or machinery
- Check stock levels and report deficiencies in products or raw materials
- Keep the worksite clean to avoid hazards from chemicals and fragile products
- Review and follow manufacturing manuals to build machinery
- Ensure shipping procedures are timely
- Transfer equipment manually or with forklift trucks
- Follow the company’s safety and quality guidelines
- Previous experience as a production worker or similar role in a warehouse
- Good understanding of how production equipment works
- Ability to detect potential problems with machinery
- Knowledge of basic safety rules and precautionary measures (safety gear will be provided)
- Ability to lift heavy loads and transfer them manually
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- High School Diploma/GED