Master Grower Job Description
Keep in mind that cannabis legislation may vary from state to state or country to country. Before using this job description, you should be familiar with your local applicable legislation and adjust the template as needed. If you use this template to attract candidates through job boards or other means, you must ensure you don’t violate the terms of that job board provider or any applicable cannabis legislation. Workable assumes no legal liability or responsibility nor makes any warranties that the content complies with local applicable cannabis rules and regulations. Workable will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages in connection with the information contained within this template.
Master grower responsibilities include:
- Overseeing cannabis crops from planting to harvesting
- Ensuring facilities are clean and pest-free
- Managing all aspects of cultivation, including budget and employees
We are looking for a Master Grower to oversee our cannabis production. It’s an opportunity for you to join a thriving business in a blooming industry.
As a master grower, you’ll ensure we grow different strains properly, and you’ll identify and resolve issues with plants and manage budgets. You should have a hands-on approach with good knowledge of cannabis genetics and growth requirements. If you’re also dedicated to the good cause of medical and recreational marijuana, we’d like to meet you.
Your ultimate goal will be to ensure we satisfy our customers with high-quality marijuana products.
- Oversee cannabis crops and facilities
- Develop cultivation plans and assign duties
- Organize and document the daily process of transplanting, cloning, defoliation and trimming of plants
- Ensure that growth requirements of cannabis plants are consistently met (lighting, soil PH, nutrients, etc.)
- Apply indoor farming methods that increase our yields
- Lead maintenance operations (including disposing waste and preventing contaminations)
- Diagnose and resolve plant health issues like mold, mildew or other infestations
- Ensure legal compliance of cultivation procedures
- Manage inventory and budgets related to marijuana farming (including equipment, security and HVAC systems)
- Supervise and coach employees who tend to the plants (e.g. cannabis trimmers)
- Inspect quality of harvest
- Proven experience as a grower, preferably at a large scale; some management experience required
- Knowledge of the entire cannabis growth cycle and requirements
- Familiarity with environment protection practices and the marijuana legal framework in our area
- Understanding of pest and disease management techniques
- Willingness to continue learning about horticulture and cannabis farming, and stay on top of current and future trends
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Leadership and people management skills
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Degree in Botany, Biology, Agriculture, Horticulture or relevant field is a plus
Recruitment application that enables businesses to find candidates, manage applications, and generate interview bookings easily.