HR Manager responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Bridging management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Managing the recruitment and selection process
Hiring an HR Manager? Sign up for Workable's 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for an HR Manager to oversee all aspects of human resources practices and processes.
To us, an HR Manager is the go-to person for all employee-related issues. This means that your HR Manager duties will involve managing activities such as job design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training & development and talent management.
The job of HR Manager is important to business success. People are our most important asset and you’ll be the one to ensure we have a happy and productive workplace where everyone works to realize our established mission and objectives. Promoting corporate values and shaping a positive culture is a vital aspect of a complete HR Manager job description and specification.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Proven working experience as HR Manager or other HR Executive
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Source and recruit HR Managers with Workable’s Boolean search cheat sheets.
- Assess relevant qualifications with our HR Manager interview questions.
- How to assess Human Resource skills.
- If you’re looking for another HR job description, check out our complete database that includes: Senior HR Manager job description Retail HR Manager job description HR Generalist job description VP of HR job description