Full Stack Developer
What is a Full Stack Developer?
The full stack developer definition is “someone who can work on both the back-end and front-end of systems.” This means that they can develop fully fledged platforms (with databases, servers and clients) which don’t need other applications to function.
What does a Full Stack Developer do?
- Participating in the design and creation of scalable software
- Writing clean, functional code on the front- and back-end
- Testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
If you’re also familiar with Agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field