Facilities Coordinator Job Description
What is a Facilities Coordinator?
Facilities coordinators are in charge of the maintenance of a building. This usually refers to the premises of a company but it could be a residential building, too. They ensure that these buildings are safe and that all equipment and devices (e.g. garbage disposal) operate properly.
What does a Facilities Coordinator do?
Facilities coordinators oversee all activities inside a building, making sure that health and safety standards are met and arranging for repairs when needed. They usually report to the facilities manager and the two of them work together in tracking expenses and coordinating with external vendors.
In smaller buildings, these two roles could overlap. On the other hand, companies with multiple offices could hire one facilities coordinator for each building and one facilities manager to oversee them all.
Facilities Coordinator duties include:
- Fixing minor issues in appliances or arranging for repairs when needed
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations
- Removing hazardous materials from all areas accessible to employees and guests
We are looking for a Facilities Coordinator to help us maintain a secure and well-functioning work environment.
Part of your job will be to check devices, structures and systems (e.g. fire alarms and air-conditioners) on a regular basis and identify needs for repairs and renovations. You will also coordinate with external vendors, such as cleaners and insurance agents, and conduct cost analyses when purchasing new systems or services.
To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized and able to prioritize multiple issues. You should also have good knowledge of basic office equipment.
Ultimately, you’ll help our employees, customers and guests get the most out of our facilities.
- Arrange for regular maintenance of equipment and internal systems (e.g. heating system, alarms, security cameras)
- Check rooms and furniture to identify needs for repairs or renovations
- Restock office and kitchen supplies
- Design and oversee the schedule for cleaning and disinfecting the building
- Monitor activities that happen outside the building, such as proper waste disposal and recycling
- Fix minor malfunctions in office equipment
- Coordinate office and parking space allocation
- Keep track of regular and ad-hoc facility expenses
- Conduct market research and compare costs and benefits when evaluating new vendors
- Maintain an updated record of invoices from external partners (e.g. suppliers, insurance agents, security guards)
- Research new services and appliances to facilitate operations
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- Work experience as a Facilities Coordinator or similar role
- Strong knowledge of facilities management operations
- Familiarity with office equipment and security systems
- Hands on experience with facilities management software is a plus
- Understanding of safety regulations in offices
- Sound judgement and the ability to think quickly during emergencies
- BSc in Facility Management or Business Administration is preferred
- Additional certification as a facility manager (CFM) will be a plus
Recruitment application that enables businesses to find candidates, manage applications, and generate interview bookings easily.