Butler Job Description
Butler responsibilities include:
- Providing personalized service to guests
- Having a deep knowledge of all hotel amenities for guests
- Working with all departments (housekeeping, food services, etc.) to meet guests’ needs
We are looking for a Butler to act as the hotel’s main point of contact for our guests.
Butler responsibilities include greeting and checking in guests, making dining and entertainment arrangements and keeping guest rooms and suites up to the hotel and guest standards.
Ultimately, you will help us provide the best possible experience for our guests during their stay.
- Meet guests when they arrive and getting them settled in their rooms
- Anticipate guests’ needs by learning their preferences, allergies, dislikes, etc.
- Have a thorough understanding of all spirits and specialty foods in stock
- Assess and restock wine and spirit collections as necessary
- Serve meals and pour drinks for guests
- Communicate with housekeeping to ensure rooms are cleaned at the most convenient time for guests
- Run errands for guests when necessary
- Ensure guests’ rooms are clean and tidy up when necessary
- Recommend and arrange amenities for guests
- See guests off when they check out
- Remain well-groomed at all times
- Keep up-to-date on all hotel policies on safety and hygiene
- Perform all duties with discretion, professionalism and a pleasant demeanor
- Experience as a Butler or similar role in the hospitality industry
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to a fluid environment
- Commitment to a high level of customer service
- Strict attention to detail
- Knowledge of area restaurants, theaters and other attractions
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with efficiency and discretion
- Knowledge of food and wine pairings is a plus
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in hotel management
Recruitment application that enables businesses to find candidates, manage applications, and generate interview bookings easily.