Job last updated on 4 November 2022
Support Secretary | East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust
Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust
Do you have good clerical skills? Would you like to help make a different to our patients?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Anaesthetic department at Colchester Hospital as a Support Secretary part time 24 hours per week.
We are looking for a hardworking, highly motivated team player who will also be able to work on their own initiative. You must have excellent communication skills and a friendly manner.
You should have a good level of clerical experience and good working knowledge of IT systems although full training in the use of our systems will be provided.
If you feel you have the skills to join our team then you may just be the person we are looking for.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for the next step in their career or to gain some experience working in the NHS.
Your duties will include: typing, reviewing rotas, booking meetings, taking minutes, calling patients and data input.
Further administration duties will include retrieving patient notes, filing, photocopying and ordering stationery.
One of the largest Trust’s in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients’ own homes. You will be joining a team of almost 12,000 amazing colleagues providing care to approximately a million people.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, unsocial hours payments (if applicable), 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health and Wellbeing programme offer a range of services including mental health support. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is thatTime Mattersto everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
To support our employees to achieve their career aspirations you may be eligible to obtain a qualification via an apprenticeship. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a skills review to facilitate this. For full details please see the attached Apprenticeship Handbook.
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8A
• Call patients to book appointments, book appointments on Portal and send out confirmation appointment letters and information leaflets to all patients. Deal with patient queries. Rearranging outpatient appointments where necessary and ensure notes are available for appointments booked.
• Use electronic Portal system to register new patients, record the transfer of all patients’ records on the Case Note Tracking System, occasionally deal with general queries and update system etc.
• Assist pre-admission nurses with queries and appointments.
• Dealing with patient notes including filing signed pathology, reports, clinical letters and results in medical records, ensure notes are up to date for outpatient clinics.
• Open mail and distribute to the appropriate member of the team.
• Assist Operational Co-ordinator with rota queries; liaising with doctors regarding allocation, annual leave, etc.
For full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description.
This advert closes on Sunday 20 Nov 2022