Job last updated on 7 November 2022
Relief Security Officer
OCS Group (UK) Ltd
£11.00 per hour
Only on site
Support the delivery of security services to a number of sites throughout the region, covering absence of permanent crews and/or uplifts of work.
You will be responsible for protecting the security and safety of the identified buildings, employees and customers. You will ensure that assigned tasks are completed in a professional and timely manner and meet relevant legislation whilst maintaining outstanding customer service.
This is a casual role with the allocation of work being flexible to meet yours and the business' requirements.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a first line support to employees and visitors to site, providing a professional and friendly service.
- Fire, security and building systems monitoring.
- Car park barrier control and traffic management.
- Crowd management and support of events and promotions.
To succeed in this role you will need the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong customer focus.
- Experience of working within the Security Industry.
- SIA licence - Manned Guarding (SG) or Door Supervisor (DS) - essential.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- A professional demeanour with sound judgement and integrity.
What will you get in return?
- A pension scheme- to save for the future - eligibility rules apply
- Access to high street discounts
- Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme 'OCS Stars'- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated 'Impact' Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Wellbeing Support
Why join OCS Group Ltd?
OCS prides itself as a company with strong family values and we are passionate about hiring people who demonstrate the same.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS. If you share these Values, we want you to be part of our team.
OCS have a well-respected brand and our colleagues are empowered to be the best version of themselves. We offer job stability and are committed to developing our colleagues by offering more than just a job. We are a financially stable business who continues to be privately owned since its inception in 1900.
We reward those who demonstrate our values and since the launch of our OCS Star recognition scheme we have rewarded nearly 1,500 colleagues with monetary vouchers, certificates, and public recognition within the business.
We invest and support the growth of our people and are currently sponsoring over 310 colleagues who are enrolled in a variety of apprenticeship programmes, ranging from Level 3 qualifications in customer service to degree programmes in Leadership. If you want to develop you career, OCS is a great choice.
OCS offers the family feel of smaller organisations although large enough to offer so many opportunities. We recognise your efforts and contribution and show our appreciation through a variety of reward schemes which in turn results in our colleagues staying with OCS. Our business is the family you can choose, and our people stay for the friendships, opportunities, and career fulfilment we offer.