Job last updated on 7 November 2022
Domestic Assistant ROCHDALE | Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust
Pennine Care NHS FT
Only on site
DOMESTIC ASSISTANT FOR MOORSIDE WARD, BIRCH HILL HOSPITAL, ROCHDALE
The post-holder will be a member of the Trust’s Domestic Services department and will provide a comprehensive cleaning service for Pennine care. Providing domestic services at Birch Hill hospital.
A vacancy has arisen for a domestic assistant at Birch Hill Hospital for a Domestic assistant to work on Moorside ward The post is 27.5 hours on a rota system the post does include weekend working.
The post holder will be part of the domestic team based in Birch Hill Hospital carrying out cleaning duties in accordance with cleaning standards that are specified in Trust Policy and department manuals or as other wise instructed. Post holder will be a key holder and may be a lone worker responsible for opening closing buildings.
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We’re really proud of our #PennineCarePeople and do everything we can to make sure we’re a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.
• The Domestic Assistant is responsible for general cleaning duties for Pennine care NHS Foundation Trust.
• Cleaning duties will be carried out in all areas including clinical, sanitary and administration areas, in accordance with the cleaning schedule and in accordance with the procedures and standards that are specified in Trust policy and department manuals or as otherwise instructed.
• Ensure that Infection Control, COSHH and Health and Safety procedures are always followed. Procedures include:
• The use of different colour coded domestic equipment for different areas.
• The segregation of waste into the appropriate coloured bag.
• Observance of moving and handling guidelines.
• The wearing of gloves, aprons as required.
• The clear display of wet floor signs as required.
• Any occurrence that may prevent cleaning duties from being carried out should be reported to the Domestic Supervisor or Domestic Services Manager as soon as possible.
• The post-holder is responsible for ensuring that Domestic equipment and machinery is left in a clean condition and to report any defects to the Domestic Supervisor.
• Dispose of all categories of waste safely and in accordance with Trust guidelines.
• Ensure that equipment is stored correctly.
• Report any sighting of pests to the Domestic Supervisor.
• To attend mandatory training and other training as required. Mandatory training includes Fire Safety training, moving and Handling training and Infection Control training.
• To carry out other reasonable duties as required by the Domestic Supervisor.
This advert closes on Monday 21 Nov 2022